145. Mercer AutoWreckers - Jeremy Guthrie, SP, Orioles
146. Vandelay Industries - Chase Headley, 3B, Padres
147. Dunedain Rangers - Jake Westbrook, SP, Indians
148. Those Guys - Raul Ibanez, OF, Mariners
149. Howard's Heroes (from The Usual Suspects) - Boof Bonser, SP, Twins
150. Howard's Heroes - Ryan Theriot, 2B, Cubs
151. Cleveland Enforcers - Joel Zumaya, RP, Tigers
152. DamKnights - Carlos Gomez, OF, Twins
153. Feisty Mosquitos - Jose Guillen, OF, Royals
154. Akron Pronks - Kevin Youkilis, 1B, Red Sox
155. Stewies SexyParties - Ubaldo Jimenez, SP, Rockies
156. Vandelay Industries (from Riders of Rohan) - Ryan Spilborghs, OF, Rockies
157. Akron Pronks (from Mercer AutoWreckers) - Scott Baker, SP, Twins
158. Vandelay Industries - Gio Gonzalez, SP, Athletics
159. Dunedain Rangers - Willy Mo Pena, Nationals
160. Those Guys - Brian Fuentes, RP, Rockies
161. Howard's Heroes (from The Usual Suspects) - Luke Scott, OF, Orioles
162. Howard's Heroes - Andrew Miller, SP, Marlins
163. Howard's Heroes (from Cleveland Enforcers) - Joe Crede, 3B, White Sox
164. DamKnights - Henry Owens, RP, Marlins
165. Feisty Mosquitos - Scot Shields, RP, Angels
166. Akron Pronks - Bill Hall, OF, Brewers
167. Stewies SexyParties - Bartolo Colon, SP, Red Sox
168. Vandelay Industries (from Riders of Rohan via The Usual Suspects) - David Price, SP, Rays
Best Pick(s) - I'll take this opportunity to highlight the solid job Howard's Heroes did in acquiring solid talent despite trading a lot of earlier picks. Ryan Theriot, Luke Scott, and Joe Crede all figure to be solid producers, with Theriot a speed merchant, and Scott and Crede having decent power potential. Andrew Miller and Boof Bonser are both high caliber pitching prospects, so with five picks in the last two rounds, the Heroes were able to find a lot of valuable pieces.
Worst Pick(s) - Jake Westbrook seems to have reached his ceiling, and it's not impressive. Joel Zumaya seems to be the heir apparent to Jeff Kent in finding weird ways to get himself hurt, and wouldn't you know it, he started the season on the DL. But really, in the last two rounds, half of these guys are going to be on waivers before the season anyways, so the "bad" picks here are merely guys ready to be dropped for whoever starts hot.
Riders' Pick(s) - No picks.
Overall Analysis - I enjoyed this draft, but I think I prefer to have more of a standard draft, rather than shifting all around the board. With my picks bunched together, I couldn't really do any "best available" picks; I had to grab what I needed because I wasn't going to be picking for a couple rounds. A lot of the guys taken in the last two rounds were very intriguing, but because of my situation, I wasn't really in a position to pick a guy like David Price, Carlos Gomez, or Bartolo Colon. It'll be very interesting to see in the middle of the season how that has affected the standings.
That's the last of the draft analysis, so I'll start getting back to regular professional sports commentary. But don't worry; there'll be plenty of fantasy discussion mixed in.
This was always going to be the hardest of my band lists, because I like so many of DMB's songs, and have liked them so differently over...
When I think about why I'm making this blog post, I'm reminded of a memorable quote from my all-time favorite show, The West Wing : ...
Note: Prices from this article were retrieved in November, 2014. CS:GO market fluctuations may result in jumps and dips, but the relative pr...
I've had very little nice to say about LaVar Arrington since about three years into his tenure as a Washington Redskin. He was a disapp...