121. Mercer AutoWreckers - Dustin Pedroia, 2B, Red Sox
122. Vandelay Industries - Bob Howry, RP, Cubs
123. Dunedain Rangers - Melky Cabrera, OF, Yankees
124. Those Guys - Kazuo Matsui, 2B, Astros
125. Riders of Rohan (from The Usual Suspects) - Jeff Kent, 2B, Dodgers
126. Howard's Heroes - Aaron Rowand, OF, Giants
127. Cleveland Enforcers - Mark Beuhrle, SP, White Sox
128. DamKnights - Kevin Slowey, SP, Twins
129. Feisty Mosquitos - Ian Kennedy, SP, Yankees
130. Akron Pronks - Hideki Okajima, RP, Red Sox
131. Stewies SexyParties - Ryan Garko, 1B, Indians
132. Riders of Rohan - Jason Schmidt, SP, Dodgers
133. Mercer AutoWreckers - Bronson Arroyo, SP, Reds
134. Vandelay Industries - Andy Pettitte, SP, Yankees
135. Dunedain Rangers - Felix Pie, OF, Cubs
136. Those Guys - Colby Rasmus, OF, Cardinals
137. The Usual Suspects - Jay Bruce, OF, Reds
138. The Usual Suspects (from Howard's Heroes) - Pat Neshek, RP, Twins
139. Cleveland Enforcers - Stephen Drew, SS, Diamondbacks
140. DamKnights - Conor Jackson, 1B, Diamondbacks
141. Feisty Mosquitos - Nick Johnson, 1B, Nationals
142. Akron Pronks - Curt Schilling, SP, Red Sox
143. Stewies SexyParties - Cameron Maybin, OF, Marlins
144. Vandelay Industries (from Riders of Rohan) - Matt Garza, SP, Rays
Best Pick(s) - Stephen Drew is still considered a can't-miss prospect, so getting him this late seems like a worthy acquisition. Jeff Kent and Aaron Rowand could be very solid producers, and the kind of guys that competitive owners should target at low cost in keeper leagues.
Worst Pick(s) - Even at the time of the draft, Schmidt and Schilling were expected to miss substantial time. While it's late enough in the draft that the risk is minimal, it's still a pick used on a guy who simply can't be a big producer.
Riders' Pick(s) - As you might've guessed, I really liked my Kent pick, and wasn't as keen on my Schmidt acquisition. But it did complete the unholy trinity of injured pitchers (Prior, Carpenter, Schmidt), so I've at least got that going for me.
Overall Analysis - As I said about the last two rounds, most of the guys here are being taken where they ought to be taken. Role players, sleepers, and youngsters highlight these later rounds, and those that work out tend to be integral parts of the teams in the top half of the standings.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Middle Earth Draft Analysis - Rounds 11 & 12
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Top 500 Songs - Stevie Wonder, Dionne Warwick
Stevie Wonder is one of the greatest performers in American history. His musical library is tremendous, and has tunes that appeal to all sor...
Note: Prices from this article were retrieved in November, 2014. CS:GO market fluctuations may result in jumps and dips, but the relative pr...
When I think about why I'm making this blog post, I'm reminded of a memorable quote from my all-time favorite show, The West Wing : ...
I've had very little nice to say about LaVar Arrington since about three years into his tenure as a Washington Redskin. He was a disapp...
Post a Comment