- DeAngelo Williams, RB, Panthers - I think my original projections were a little low, but still below elite. And for a likely top ten overall pick, you're going to want more than that. 2009 projected stats: 1400 total yards, 10 TDs
- Kurt Warner, QB, Cardinals - Listen, Kurt Warner is a nice story. And he's back in Arizona, which bodes well (it's hard to be that bad with Larry Fitzgerald). But Warner will be 38 when the season starts, and he's now being ranked as the #4 quarterback on the Big Board, the #25 player overall. No thank you. 2009 projected stats: 3500 yards, 20 TDs, 18 INTs
- Clinton Portis, RB, Redskins - Maybe part of this is the homer in me wanting to get Portis out of town, but his production has been volatile. Come fantasy playoff time, Portis was non-existent, averaging 50 yards and .5 TDs during weeks 13-16. The Redskins' offensive line troubles don't help. 2009 projected stats: 1350 total yards, 9 TDs
- Tony Gonzalez, TE, Falcons - Listen, I think Gonzalez is a nice addition for the Falcons. He gives Matt Ryan a veteran target in the passing game. But I don't see him getting better with age; rather, I see a regression to the mean. 2009 projected stats: 70 catches, 750 yards, 6 TDs
- Matt Schaub, QB, Texans - Schaub has been a sexy pick for two years because of his skills and the fact that he's got Andre Johnson on his team, and for two years he's disappointed. He played 11 games each of those seasons, with a 24-19 TD-to-INT ratio. It might be time to accept that he's just a serviceable quarterback, and won't get much better than this. I never thought I'd say this, but they'll miss Sage Rosenfels. 2009 projected stats: 3300 yards, 16 TDs, 12 INTs
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Top Five 2009 Fantasy Football Busts Version 2.0
We got a comment on my original post of 2009 fantasy football busts, and it made me realize that a ton of stuff has changed since that post. So, I figure it's time to update things with a new list. So let's have a look at some players that I think won't justify their draft position during the upcoming season. Feel free to chime in if you like.
Stevie Wonder is one of the greatest performers in American history. His musical library is tremendous, and has tunes that appeal to all sor...
When I think about why I'm making this blog post, I'm reminded of a memorable quote from my all-time favorite show, The West Wing : ...
Note: Prices from this article were retrieved in November, 2014. CS:GO market fluctuations may result in jumps and dips, but the relative pr...
I've had very little nice to say about LaVar Arrington since about three years into his tenure as a Washington Redskin. He was a disapp...